Aerobrick Veneer Cladding System
- Appraisal number 883
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The AeroBrick Veneer Cladding System is an external wall cladding system for use on single and two-storey buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The AeroBrick Veneer Cladding System consists of autoclaved aerated concrete bricks (AeroBricks) installed using ties to form a 40-75 mm cavity. The system is finished with either a cement-based plaster option or an acrylic-based plaster option. The cement-based option consists of a base coat of Renderit plaster followed by either a cement-based finishing plaster or an acrylic-based finishing plaster. The acrylic-based option consists of a mesh coat of Powaflex acrylic plaster and an acrylic-based finishing plaster. Both base coat options are finished with an acrylic exterior paint system.
The AeroBrick Veneer Cladding System has been appraised for use as a veneer cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 in terms of floor area, with a maximum of two storeys.
- With a maximum height of brick veneer of 7.5 m above the supporting foundation, except that, at gable ends and some piers, this height may be up to 10 m, and a maximum height of 4 m above a roof line or 7.5 m above an adjacent building foundation, whichever is the lesser.
- With a depth of cavity of between 40 mm and 75 mm.
- With a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 2.
- With timber framing constructed on slab on ground in accordance with NZS 3604 for brick veneer and/or concrete masonry foundation constructed in accordance with NZS 4229.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
The AeroBrick Veneer Cladding System is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of the AeroBrick Veneer Cladding System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant wind zone.)
Installation of plasters and accessories supplied by Specialized Construction Products Ltd and approved applicators must be carried out only by Specialized Construction Products Ltd approved applicators.