Laticrete Hydro Ban® Exterior Waterproofing Membrane
- Appraisal number 865
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Laticrete Hydro Ban® is a liquid applied waterproofing membrane for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
Laticrete Hydro Ban® has been appraised for use as a deck waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regard to building height, floor plan area; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High; and,
- the building is subject to specific structural design; and,
- a substrate of suspended concrete slab; and,
- with a minimum fall for decks of 1:40.
Decks and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by (ceramic or stone) tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level and no down pipe direct discharge to deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by Global Tile Ltd Trained and Approved Applicators.