Viking Warm Roof System
- Appraisal number 713
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Viking Warm Roof System is an insulating roofing system for limited access flat roofs with concrete, plywood or steel structural decks. It consists of a thermal insulation layer and a roof finish of either a thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) waterproofing sheet membrane or a torch-applied modified bitumen membrane.
This Appraisal has been amended to update the structural information.
The Viking Warm Roof System has been appraised for use as an insulating roof on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and maximum floor plan areas; and,
- on limited access flat roofs with concrete, plywood or steel structural decks subject to specific structural design; and,
- with roofs constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC; and,
- with roofs constructed to suitable falls (Refer Paragraph 15.3 and 15.4); and,
- with no integral roof gardens; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Building Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High.
The Viking Warm Roof System has also been appraised for durability and thermal performance as an insulated roofing system on buildings that are the subject of specific design with no building height restriction. Building designers are responsible for the building design and for the incorporation of the Viking Warm Roof System into their design in accordance with the declared properties and instructions of Viking Roofspec.
The Viking Warm Roof System must be installed by Viking Roofspec Licensed and Trained installers.