Bostik MS Safe Seal
- Appraisal number 705
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Bostik MS Safe Seal is a weatherproofing sealant for exterior use and a general purpose gap-filling sealant for exterior and interior use.
Bostik MS Safe Seal has been appraised for use as an exterior sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1.
Bostik MS Safe Seal has also been appraised for use as internal and external sealants in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- in joints with a minimum depth of 5 mm; and,
- in joints with a minimum width of 5 mm and maximum width of 40 mm; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated Cedar or Douglas Fir; or,
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars; or,
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre cement sheeting, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble or granite; or,
- metal - stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated); or,
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Bostik New Zealand Limited must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.