Solatube Daylight Solutions and Roof Penetrations
- Appraisal number 665
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Solatube Daylight Systems and Roof Penetrations are for use on domestic and commercial buildings providing a roof penetration system allowing natural light or ventilation to the interior. The system is supplied as a kit providing a tubular roof to ceiling light channel or ventilation duct and a roof flashing system matching the roof type.
Solatube Daylight Systems and Roof Penetrations have been appraised as a skylight and roof penetration system on domestic and commercial buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with respect to building height and maximum floor plan areas; and,
- with building structures designed and constructed to meet the requirements of the NZBC; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Very High; and,
- with roof cladding types and profiles specified in E2/AS1; and,
- for use on flat or nominally flat roofs making use of membrane roof systems.
Installation of Solatube Daylight Systems and Roof Penetrations must only be carried out by installers registered by HomeTech Ltd.