NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System
- Appraisal number 641
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System is an external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of horizontally fixed NuLine Plus™ fibre cement weatherboards installed over non-structural or structural timber battens to form the cavity, flashings and accessories and is finished with a latex paint system.
The system incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the external wall frame with a nominal 20 mm drained cavity.
The NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System has been appraised as an external horizontally fixed wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable System E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable System E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
The NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external horizontally fixed wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regard to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber framing subject to specific engineering design; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
The NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of the NuLine Plus™ Weatherboard Cavity System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone or wind pressure.)