Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes
- Appraisal number 567
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes are a range of torch-applied reinforced modified-bitumen membrane for use as fully-bonded roof waterproofing on nominally flat and pitched roofs and decks. They are either multi-layer with a mineral chip finish or single layer under heavy protection such as topping screed or paving slabs.
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/As1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor lpan area when subject to specific structural design; and,
- substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum flass for roofs of 1:30 and decks of 1:40; and,
- with deck size limited to 40m2; and,
- situated in NZS3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Extra High.
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes have also been appraised for use as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- subject to specific structural and weathertightness design and,
- with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maxiumum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6 kPa; and,
- with the weathertightness design of junctions for wach specific structure being the responsibility of the building designer.
Roofs and decks waterproofed with Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes must be designed and constructred ub accordance with the following limitations:
- nominally flat or pitched roofs and decks constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC; and
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no downpipe direct discharge to the deck; and,
- with the deck memebranes continually protected from physical damage by pedestal protection system.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore is the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.