Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart and Mapelastic Turbo External Waterproofing Membranes
- Appraisal number 485
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart and Mapelastic Turbo are two-component liquid applied waterproofing membranes for external applications on substrates under ceramic or stone tile finishes for decks and balconies.
Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart and Mapelastic Turbo External Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised for use as deck and balcony waterproofing membranes for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- with substrates of fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40; and,
- with deck and balcony size limited to 40 m²; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High.
Decks and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of the Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of the Appraisal.