Flexi-Seal® Exterior Waterproofing Systems
- Appraisal number 475
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Flexi-Seal® Exterior Waterproofing Systems are liquid applied waterproofing membrane systems for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on exterior decks and balconies.
Flexi-Seal® Exterior Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised for use as as deck and balcony waterproofing membranes for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40; and,
- with deck and balcony size limited to 40m2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High.
Decks and balconies must be disigned and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membranes continually protected from exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by trained installers, approved by RLA Polymers (NZ) Ltd.