- Appraisal number 471
- 30 August 2013
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Nu-Age NU-SOLID is an un-reinforced solid plaster system for use as a finishing system over a solid backing of concrete masonry, clay or concrete brick or in-situ or pre-cast concrete.
The plaster system consists of a 10 mm thick base coat of modified render followed by an optional 2-3 mm thick layer of Skim Coat plaster, finished with a 2-5 mm thick finishing texture coat of either Sponge or Adobe plaster. The plaster system is finished with a latex based exterior paint system.
Nu-Age NU-SOLID has been appraised as a solid plaster system for buildings within the following scope:
- with substrates of concrete masonry, in-situ concrete or pre-cast concrete up to 3 storeys, with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m; and,
- with substrates of clay or concrete brick veneer designed and constructed in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, NZS 4210 and NZS 4229; and,
- with floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints; and,
- with supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC; and,
- detached and located one metre or more from the relevant boundary.
Nu-Age NU-SOLID must only be applied on vertical surfaces except for sills which must have a minimum 15° slope and be waterproofed in accordance with the requirements of the building designer.
Installation of plasters and accessories supplied by Nu-Age Plaster Limited must be carried out only by Nu-Age Plaster Limited approved applicators.