Gorilla MS Sealant
- Appraisal number 419
- 20 March 2020
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Gorilla MS Sealant is a waterproof, elastic, UV resistant joint sealant for interior and exterior applications.
Gorilla MS Sealant has been appraised for use as an exterior sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1.
Gorilla MS Sealant has also been appraised for use as an internal and external sealant in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- in joints with a minimum width of 5 mm and maximum width of 30 mm, or 40 mm when a threepass method of installation is used; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) – particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated Cedar or Douglas Fir; or,
- plastics – PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars; or,
- metals – stainless steel, aluminium-zinc, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated); or,
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre cement sheeting, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble or granite; or,
- glass fibre reinforced concrete; or,
- glass and ceramics; or,
- butyl rubber products.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Holdfast NZ Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.