Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane
- Appraisal number 411
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane is a reinforced polyvinyl chloride (PVC), adhesive fixed sheet waterproofing membrane designed to be used on pedestrian decks and balconies.
The product is a coloured, laminated, multi layered, flexible PVC sheet in roll form. The product is installed as a single layer system.
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane has been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- on pedestrian decks and balconies; and,
- scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with timber supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC; and,
- with substrates of plywood sheet and compressed fibre cement sheet; and,
- with decks that have a maximum size of 40 m2.
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane has also been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane for external reinforced concrete pedestrian decks and balconies for buildings within the following scope:
- up to 3 storeys with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10m and with a floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints; and,
- with the reinforced concrete structure designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
The Appraisal is limited to pedestrian decks and balconies within the following scope:
- constructed to suitable falls (Refer Paragraphs 12.4 - 12.5); and,
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no down pipe discharging directly onto the deck.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints are specific to each building, and are therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor, and are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by Viking Roofspec trained and approved applicators.