Demtech Deck and Balcony Floor Panelling System
- Appraisal number 1115 (2020)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Demtech Deck and Balcony Floor Panelling System is a prefabricated waterproof panel system for use under a waterproofing membrane and ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
The Demtech Deck and Balcony Floor Panelling System has been appraised for use as a pre-formed waterproof deck and balcony panel system for building within the following scope:
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- with substrates of fibre cement compressed sheet, suspended concrete slab, or plywood; and,
- with minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40; and,
- with deck and balcony size limited to 40 m2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including, Extra High.
Deck and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membranes continually protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the waterproofing membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The waterproofing membrane and ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The Demtech Deck and Balcony Floor Panelling System must be installed by Demtech Australia Pty Ltd trained installers.