Demtech Shower Base System
- Appraisal number 1113 (2020)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Demtech Shower Base System is a pre-formed shower base to be used as a substrate for a waterproofing membrane prior to the adhesion of ceramic or stone tiles in internal wet area showers.
The Demtech Shower Base System is appraised for use as a pre-formed shower base system for wet areas of buildings within the followin scope:
- on floor substrates of concrete, plywood and compressed fibre cement sheet; and
- on timber or steel wall framing with wet area wall lining; and
- when protected from physical damage by ceramic or stone tiles; and
- where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span; and
- there being no control or movement joints in the shower areas.
The waterproofing membrane, tile adhesive and ceramic or stone tile finish are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The Demtech Shower Base System must be installed by Demtech Australia Pty Ltd trained installer.