Rubberfuse Sintofoil TPO Membranes
- Appraisal number 1092 (2020)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Rubberfuse Sintofoil TPO Membranes are single-ply, polyester fabric reinforced, thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO/FTO) fully bonded waterproofing sheet membranes for roofs and decks.
Rubberfuse Sintofoil TPO Membranes have been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific structural design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for roofs of 1:30 for plywood substrates, 1:60 for concrete substates and decks of 1:40, and, gutters 1:100,
- with deck size limited to 40 m2 ; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High.
Rubberfuse Sintofoil TPO Membranes have also been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- subject to specific structural and weathertightness design; and,
- with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6 kPa; and
- with the weathertightness design of junctions for each specific structure being the responsibility of the building designer.
Roofs and decks waterproofed with Rubberfuse Sintofoil TPO Membranes must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- nominally flat roofs and desks and pitched roofs constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC; and,
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no downpipes directly discharging to decks; and,
- with the deck membrane continually protected from physical damage by a pedestal protection system.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore is the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by Equus Industries Limited Approved Applicators.