Proofex Engage and Proofex 3100 Membranes
- Appraisal number 1035
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Proofex Engage is a pre-applied DPM or tanking membrane and Proofex 3100 is a post applied DPM membrane for basement retaining walls and floors. They are applied under floor slabs and foundations and to the exterior face of basement retaining walls to prevent liquid water or water vapour penetrating to the interior face in spaces where moisture may cause damage.
Proofex Engage is supplied as a multilayered composite sheet and Proofex 3100 is supplied as a self adhering, polymer-rubber modified bitumen sheet both in roll form.
Proofex Engage and Proofex 3100 have been appraised as DPMs for use:
- on buildings subject to non-specific design under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and behind concrete masonry basement wallsand under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229; and,
- in buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101 or concrete masonry complying with NZS 4230 anf 4210; and,
- where subsoil drainage and free draining granular backfill has been placed behind basement walls.
Proofex Engage has been appraised as tanking membrane for use:
- on buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101; and,
- where the membrane is subject to hydrostatic pressure with the pressure not to exceed 2 bar (20 metres head of water)
Proofex Engage and Proofex 3100 must be adequately protected against damage during backfilling and in service.
The product must be installed by Concrete Plus Ltd preferred applicator.