REHAU UPVC Windows and Doors
- Appraisal number 1018
- 22 August 2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- BRANZ Appraisals
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
REHAU uPVC Windows and Doors are a range of window and door joinery units for use in residential and light commercial buildings fitted with insulating glazing units (IGUs). The joinery units are available with fixed glazing or opening sashes. The opening sash window styles include Awning, Tilt and turn, and Sliding. Door styles include Tilt-and-turn and sliding doors.
The REHAU uPVC Window and Door suites covered by the Appraisal are referred to as REHAU Euro-Design Slide S920 and REHAU Prestige-Design S921.
The windows and doors are fabricated in New Zealand by local REHAU Window and Door agents, from uPVC profiles manufactured by REHAU AG & Co.
REHAU uPVC Windows and Doors have been appraised for use as window and door joinery within the following scope:
- designed and manufactured in accordance with NZS 4211 for weathertightness, airtightness and structural design; and,
- as an alternative to the aluminium windows and doors specified in NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 9.1.10; and,
- in buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, and
- with cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, and
- situated in NZS 3604 defined Wind Zones up to and including Medium for sliding doors and up to and including Extra High for all other window and door types.
REHAU uPVC Windows and Doors have also been appraised for compliance with NZS 4211 where they are specified for use outside the scope of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 220.127.116.11 (as the product is uPVC, not aluminium) and/or the building is outside the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1 but is within the wind exposure limitations of NZS 4211. The building weathertightness design and installation of the window and door joinery in these situations is subject to specific design and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
REHAU uPVC Windows and Doors in sizes above those tested have also been appraised for compliance with NZS 4211 where the proprietary REHAU window system engineering design system, or a design engineer, is able to verify that the strength and deflection requirements are within the limitations of the applicable wind zone.