AS/NZS 3500.5:2012 Plumbing and drainage - Housing installations
- AS/NZS 3500.5:2012
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Standards New Zealand, Standards Australia
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
This Standard specifies requirements for the design and installation of cold water services, heated water services, rainwater systems, water supply systems, greywater systems, sanitary plumbing and drainage systems and stormwater drainage systems. It is applicable to detached dwellings, multi-unit dwellings not exceeding three storeys in height, and communal residential community service buildings with a total floor area not exceeding 300 square metres. This Standard does not apply to requirements for dedicated firefighting systems.
This Standard specifies requirements for the design and installation of
- (a) cold water services;
- (b) heated water services;
- (c) rainwater systems;
- (d) water supply systems that are combined with home fire sprinkler systems;
- (e) greywater systems;
- (f) sanitary plumbing and drainage systems; and
- (g) stormwater drainage systems, for a property containing up to 19 Class 1a buildings as specified in Clause 1.4.4.
This Standard does not apply to requirements for dedicated firefighting systems. Illustrations used in this Standard are diagrammatic only and have been chosen without prejudice. This Standard applies to new installations as well as alterations, additions or repairs to existing installations.