2012/044: The issue of a notice to fix for seven semi-detached townhouses in a retirement village building
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
The determination arose from:
- the authority's decision to issue a notice to fix for a building in the retirement village because it was not satisfied that the building work complied with certain clauses of the Building Code
- the authority's refusal to accept the consultants' proposals for remedial work to the decks to address the notice to fix
- the authority's additional requirement that a building consent be sought for the proposed remedial work to the decks.
The matters to be determined were:
- Whether the proposals would result in the decks complying with Clause E2 External Moisture and Clause B2 Durability of the Building Code
- Whether the authority was correct in the exercise of its powers in requiring a separate building consent for the remedial work.