Universal Design Dimensioned Diagrams
- Universal Design Dimensioned Diagrams
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- Technical guidance
The following gallery provides a series of dimensioned diagrams showing practical solutions for most areas both within and immediately external to a home. The solutions provided are generic and may have to be adapted to a particular situation.
All the diagrams have been taken (in some cases with minor changes) from the BRANZ publication Homes Without Barriers, which was developed in conjunction with many people working in the health and disability fields.
The diagrams have been divided into five areas:
- Outside (i.e. site layout, garage, garden and ramps)
- Access (i.e. including the entry, moving about indoors, doors, lifts and stairs)
- Wet areas (i.e. kitchen, bathroom and laundry)
- Hardware (i.e. grab-rails and door lever handles).