InnoClad and InnoScreen
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
InnoClad and InnoScreen are manufactured from Innowood, an extruded composite wood material.
InnoClad is intended for use as an external cladding board. InnoScreen is intended for use as an external screen.
1. InnoClad shall only be used for buildings:
- within the scope of E2/AS1 para 1.0 and located in any wind zone up to and including Extra High wind zone (as in NZS3604 Section 5), or
- with specific engineering designed frame elements of at least equivalent stiffness to the framing provisions defined in NZS 3604, or
- that are designed for a specific wind pressure up to a maximum ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2500 Pa, and
- located in any exposure zone as specified in NZS3604 para 4.2.4 (except microclimates).
2. InnoClad shall be installed in accordance with the INNOWOOD Care & Maintenance Guide V2, April 2020 and the applicable installation manual:
- InnoClad V-Joint Shiplap Cladding Installation Manual V3, April 2019
- InnoClad Secret Fixed Shiplap Cladding Installation Manual V3, April 2019.
3. Innoclad shall be installed on timber or steel "tophat" battens and wall underlay complying with E2/AS1 Table 23, forming a minimum 20 mm drained and ventilated cavity. Fixing screws shall be galvanised or stainless steel. Timber battens shall be treated to a minimum of H3.1. A vermin closer shall be fitted at the bottom of the cavity.
4. Secret Fix Shiplap Cladding profiles shall only be installed vertically. V-Joint Shiplap Cladding profiles may be installed horizontally and vertically.
5. InnoScreen shall only be used for:
- fixing to a specifically designed structural frame or substrate
- use in any exposure zone as specified in NZS3604 para 4.2.4 (except microclimates).
6. InnoScreen shall be installed in accordance with the INNOWOOD Care & Maintenance Guide V2, April 2020 and the applicable installation manual
- InnoScreen Face Rear Fixing Installation Manual V4, April 2019
- InnoScreen Concealed Lock-In Installation Manual V4, April 2019.
7. InnoScreen is not a component of a building's weathertightness envelope.