- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Barricade FR is a flammability-rated synthetic breather type flexible wall underlay and air barrier. It is manufactured from spun-bonded polypropylene and is coloured white. Masons Hydro or 40 Below flashing tapes are specified for use with Barricade FR. Barricade FR is available in 2.74m, 1.37m and 0.6m wide rolls.
Barricade FR is an exterior wall underlay and air barrier for timber and light-steel framed buildings.
Barricade FR shall only be used:
- on timber-framed and steel-framed buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and situated in NZS 3604:2011 wind zones up to and including ‘Extra High’;
- with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to the frame; or installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; or with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timberframed buildings or by specific design for steel-framed buildings.
Barricade FR shall be:
- installed in accordance with E2/AS1, Clauses 9.1.5 & 9.1.7 and the instructions of the Barricade FR and Barricade Building Wrap Installation Instructions V2 2019;
- protected from sunlight within 42 days