Thermakraft Steelwrap 290 Wall Underlay
- BRANZ-CM-1001 (Rev 1)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Thermakraft Limited
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Thermakraft Steelwrap 290 Wall Underlay is a white coloured flexible synthetic wall underlay.
Thermakraft Steelwrap 290 Wall Underlay is for use as a flexible wall underlay for timber and steel framed buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- with direct fixed wall claddings, or with wall claddings installed over a drained cavity; or,
- with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- situated in NZS 3604: 2011 Wind Zones up to and including Very High when fixed directly to framing, and Extra High when fixed over a rigid air barrier.
Thermakraft Steelwrap 290 Wall Underlay is also for use:
- as an air barrier in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 9.1.4 (c); or,
- as a non-rigid backing material for stucco plaster in accordance with the requirements of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 188.8.131.52, or as a slip layer over a rigid backing for stucco cladding in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 184.108.40.206 (b).