Level Sustainability Series: Floor coverings
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- LEVEL Sustainability Series
- PDF, Hard copy
Appearance and durability are the key criteria for selecting floor coverings but it's also important to consider the environmental impacts.
This book gives up-to-date information on those areas, but also covers the environmental impact, both in the manufacture of the flooring finish, and its installation.
This guide covers factors such as:
- resistance to wear and moisture
- ability to withstand chemical attack
- suitability for the substrate
- embodied energy - the amount of energy consumed to manufacture, transport, install and recycle the product
- ability to recycle or reuse.
All the main options available are covered, from carpets to wood overlays, concrete to cork, solid timber to stone.