Linea® Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding
- Appraisal number 897
- 15 December 2015
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding is a cavity-based fibre cement weatherboard wall cladding. It is designed to be used as an external cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
It is a rusticated profile fibre cement weatherboard, fixed vertically over ventilated timber battens to form the cavity. The cladding is finished with a latex paint system.
The cladding incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the external wall framing with a nominal 20 mm cavity. The cavity allows for any occasional ingress of water that may get past the external skin to drain to the exterior of the building, and any remaining moisture to dry by evaporation.
Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding has been appraised as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external vertically fixed wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber framing subject to specific engineering design; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
Linea Oblique Weatherboard must only be installed vertically on vertical surfaces.
Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and vertical heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone or wind pressure.)
Note: Linea Oblique Weatherboard (Vertical) Cavity Cladding can be used to provide fire resistance rated construction, but this aspect has not been assessed by this Appraisal and is outside its scope.