SabreSeal NC and SabreSeal MS Sealants
- Appraisal number 892
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
SabreSeal NC and SabreSeal MS Sealants are waterproof, elastic, UV resistant joint sealants for interior and exterior applications.
SabreSeal NC and SabreSeal MS Sealants have been appraised for use as exterior and interior sealants in buildings within the following scope:
- with a minimum joint depth of 5 mm and joint width between 5 mm and 30 mm; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated Cedar or Douglas Fir; or
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars; or
- metals - stainless steel, copper, brass, zinc anneal, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated); or,
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre cement, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble, natural stone or granite; or
- glass (SabreSeal MS is not to be used with structural glazing) and ceramics; or,
- butyl rubber products; or
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Maxilam New Zealand Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.