Altus - Smartfit Window Technology (Windows and Doors)
- Appraisal number 868
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Altus - Smartfit Window Technology (Windows and Doors) is a fully assembled aluminium window and door joinery system, comprising Altus (Windows and Doors) joinery with the proprietary Smartfit flashing system. The Smartfit flashing system comprises specifically designed extruded aluminium sections and reinforced nylon moulded components.
Altus - Smartfit Window Technology (Windows and Doors) incorporates a fixing flange (fin) or rubber seal that allows the joinery to be installed and sealed to the face of the wall underlay or floor edge, a pre-fitted head flashing or soffit bar, and an integral sill support. The joinery is designed for use with cavity-based wall cladding systems and creates a weather and airtight barrier around the joinery perimeter when used with Smartfit flashing tape. Flexible flashing tapes and airseals are therefore not required around the window reveal.
The joinery units are available with fixed glazing or opening sashes. Opening sash styles include awning, casement, bi-fold and sliding windows. Door styles include sliding, bi-fold and hinged.
Altus - Smartfit Window Technology (Windows and Doors) has been appraised for use as window and door joinery within the following scope:
- designed and manufactured in accordance with NZS 4211 for weathertightness, airtightness and structural design; and,
- in new or existing timber framed buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with cavity-based cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, systems covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specify a nominal 20 mm (minimum 18 mm) drained and vented cavity, or systems covered by a valid CodeMark Product Certificate that specify a nominal 20 mm (minimum 18 mm) drained and vented cavity; and,
- with masonry veneer complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 defined Wind Zones up to, and including, Extra High.