Fastwrap ULTRA-BOND Sill Tape
- Appraisal number 853
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Fastwrap ULTRA-BOND Sill Tape is a flexible flashing tape system for use around framed joinery openings as a secondary weather resistant barrier.
The system is installed into and around the framed joinery opening over the wall underlay and exposed to frame to cover both the face and edge of the opening framing. Fastwrap ULTRA-BOND Sill Tape is also used as joinery heads to seal flashing upstands to the wall underlay.
Fastwrap ULTRA-BOND Sill Tape has been appraised as a flexible flashing system for use around window and door joinery openings for buildings within the following scope:
- constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- constructed with steel framing subject to specific engineering design with building height and floor plan area scope limitations in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- with wall cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible flashing system; and,
- with flexible wall underlays compatible with the flashing tape and complying with the NZBC; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including, Extra High.