Shadowclad® Direct Fixed Cladding System
- Appraisal number 765
- 5 September 2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Shadowclad® Direct Fixed is an external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of vertically fixed Shadowclad® plywood, flashings and accessories.
The system is applied direct to the external wall framing over a building underlay and is finished with either an acrylic paint system, penetrating, or film forming stain.
Shadowclad® Direct Fixed has been appraised as an external vertically fixed wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC; and,
- with a risk score of 0-6, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Very High'; and,
- with a building height of ≤10 m and at a distance of ≥1.0 m to the relevant boundary.
Shadowclad® Direct Fixed is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of Shadowclad Direct Fixed relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone.)