StoPoren Brick Veneer Cladding System
- Appraisal number 739
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The StoPoren Brick Veneer Cladding System is designed to be used as an external cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of autoclaved aerated concrete bricks (Poren bricks) installed using ties to form a 40-75 mm cavity.
The coating system consists of a nominal 5 mm thick cement-based render applied to the Poren bricks, an approximate 2.5 mm thick coat of fibreglass mesh reinforced synthetic resin render (StoArmat render system only), and an approximate 1-3 mm thick coat of coloured finishing render. The render system is finished with a Sto coating.
The StoPoren Brick Veneer Cladding System has been appraised for use as a veneer cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a maximum height of brick veneer of 10.0 m above the supporting foundation, and a maximum height of 4.0 m above a roof line or 10.0 m above an adjacent building foundation, whichever is the lesser; and,
- with a depth of cavity of between 40 mm and 75 mm; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 2; and,
- with timber framing constructed on slab-on-ground in accordance with NZS 3604 for brick veneer and/or concrete masonry foundation constructed in accordance with NZS 4229; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including 'Extra High'.
The StoPoren Brick Veneer Cladding System is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of the StoPoren Brick Veneer Cladding System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone.)
Installation of components and accessories supplied by Stoanz Limited and Sto registered contractors must be carried out only by Sto registered contractors.