- Appraisal number 703
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Superstrand Sarking is an engineered woodpanel sheet material for use as a roof sarking material under shingles and other similar types of roofing materials.
Superstrand Sarking is treated to hazard class H3.1.
Superstrand Sarking has been appraised for use on buildings within the following scope:
- With timber roof framing designed in accordance with NZS 3604, NZS 4229 or timber roof members subject to specific design; and,
- In NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Very High; and,
- Maximum eaves height of 10 m above the ground; and,
- At elevations of no greater than 500 m above sea level; and,
- Roof pitch of at least 10°; and,
- With roof trusses or framing at maximum of 900 mm centres; and,
- With roofing materials up to 150 kg/m2.
The system must be installed in accordance with the Technical Literature.
Superstrand Sarking has not been appraised for the following situations:
- As a diaphragm.
- On flat roofs, decks, trafficable areas or roofs with a pitch of less than 10°.