Casali Dermabit Roof and Deck Membrane Systems
- Appraisal number 647
- 10 October 2017
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Casali Dermabit Roof and Deck Membrane Systems are waterproofing membranes for nominally flat and pitched roofs and decks. They are installed as a multi-layer system with a mineral chip finish.
Casali Dermabit Roof and Deck Membrane Systems have been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific structural design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for plywood roofs of 1:30, concrete roofs of 1:60 and decks of 1:40; and,
- with deck size limited to 40 m2 ; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High.
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential Ultimate Limit State (ULS) of 6.0 kPa with the weathertightness detailing subject to specific design.
Roofs and decks must be designed and constructed with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens, and no downpipe discharging directly onto the deck.
Deck membranes must be continually protected from physical damage and UV light by tiles, pavers or timber, resting on an approved pedestal protection system.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by trained applicators, approved by Allco Waterproofing Solutions Ltd.