The Marshall Weatherization System
- Appraisal number 621
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Marshall Weatherization System consists of Tekton® Building Wrap, HYDRA Wall Underlay, HUDRA Roof Underlay, Super Stick Tape or Protecto Sill System (flexible flashing tapes), Tekton Seam Tape and TRADE-SEAL.
The system is used behind wall cladding systems, under roof cladding and around framed joinery openings as a secondary weather resistant barrier for walls.
The Marshall Weatherization System has been appraised for use on buildings within the following scope:
- constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- constructed with steel framing in accordance with NASH Building Envelope Solutions, Paragraph 1.1 for steel framed buildings; and,
- with absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to the framing complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions or covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible wall underlay and a flexible flashing system; or,
- with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings installed over an 18 mm minimum drained cavity complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions or covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible wall underlay or a rigid wall underlay with flexible underlay over and flexible flashing system; or,
- with masonry tile roof cladding; and,
- with metal tile and profiled metal roof cladding; and,
- with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timber framed buildings or NASH Building Envelope Solutions for steel framed buildings; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Very High where the flexible wall underlay is directly fixed to the frame, and up to and including Extra High where the underlay is used over rigid wall underlays.