Sikaflex® AT-Façade Sealant
- Appraisal number 613
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Sikaflex® AT-Facade is a weathersealing sealant for exterior use and a general-purpose gap-filling sealant for exterior and interior use.
Sikaflex® AT-Facade has been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1.
Sikaflex® AT-Facade has also been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- in joints with a minimum depth of 10 mm; and,
- in joints with a maximum width of 50 mm; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated Cedar or Douglas Fir; or,
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars; or,
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre cement sheeting and weatherboards, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble or granite; or,
- metal - stainless steel, copper, brass, zinc anneal, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated); or,
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Sika (NZ) Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisl.