- Appraisal number 574
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Zincalume® steel is an unpainted zinc/aluminium alloy coated steel supplied in coil form.
Zincalume® steel coil is used as feed-stock in the manufacture of a variety of common building materials, including roofing and wall cladding, guttering, fencing, etc and can be easily formed to create a wide variety of profiles.
Zincalume® steel coil has been appraised for use within the following scope:
- as a steel sheet product in accordance with AS 1397 for Zn/Al alloy coating specification; and,
- as a steel sheet product in accordance with AS/NZS 1365 for manufacturing tolerances for flat rolled steel products; and,
- for durability when used in the manufacture of products to be used in NZS 3604 defined Exposure Zones B and C.
Zincalume® steel coil has been appraised for use as a feed-stock for the manufacture of:
- roll-formed roofing and cladding products and associated accessories; and,
- spouting, down-pipes and other rain-water goods.