Sikaflex MS (Building sealant)
- Appraisal number 311
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Sikaflex MS is a weathersealing sealant for exterior use and a general-purpose gap-filling sealant for exterior and interior use.
Sikaflex MS has been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1.
Sikaflex MS has also been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- in joints with a minimum width and depth of 5 mm; and,
- in joints with a maximum width of 35 mm; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - treated or untreated softwoods and hardwoods, plywood, hardboard, treated or untreated particleboard; or,
- fibre cement; or,
- plastics - polyester, acrylic, unplasticized or plasticized PVC; or,
- metals - stainless steel, mild steel, galvanised steel, enamel coated steel, powder coated (polyester or epoxy) aluminium, anodised aluminium, mill finished aluminium, copper, brass, zinc; or,
- concrete and masonry - standard concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete, concrete and clay blocks, marble, granite, or natural stone tiles; or,
- glass and ceramics - glazing, tiles; or,
- butyl rubber products.
Note: Sikaflex MS can be used on other substrates but these have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Sika(NZ) Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.