Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System
- Appraisal number 1111
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System is a cavity-based external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) panels (Petrapanels) fixed over polystyrene battens to form a nominal 20 mm cavity.
The coating system consists of a minimum 5 mm thickness of fibreglass mesh reinforced renders and cementitious mineral finishing renders applied to the AAC panels. The render system is finished with an exterior paint system. The plaster finish can be applied to give different texture appearances.
The Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System has been appraised as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
The Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
The Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System must only be installed on vertical surfaces (except for tops of parapets, sills and balustrades, which must have a minimum 10o slope and be waterproofed in accordance with the Technical Literature).
The system is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery or uPVC joinery with a valid BRANZ Appraisal. In all instances, joinery units must have vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of The Petrapanel® AAC Cladding System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone or wind pressure.)
Installation of components and accessories supplied by Petros Holdings Ltd must be carried out only by Petros Holdings Ltd approved applicators.