GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems
- Appraisal number 1048
- Amended 09/09/2019
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
GIB Weatherline® is an exterior-grade glass-fibre fleece wrapped, modified gypsum core sheet material for use as a rigid wall underlay and temporary weather protecting sheathing. The product is also for use in wall bracing and fire-rated systems.
- GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems have been appraised for use as a rigid wall underlay and temporary weather-protecting sheathing on buildings within the following scope:
- constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and
- with wall claddings installed over an 18 mm minimum drained cavity; or
- with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Soltion E2/AS1; and
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High.
- GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems have also been appraised for use as wall bracing systems for timber framed buildings within the scope of NZS 3604.
- GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems have also been appraised for use as load-bearing fire-rated wall systems for timber fraimed buildings.