2011/098: Refusal to issue a code compliance certificate for an 8 year-old house
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
This second determination arose because the authority continued to refuse to issue to issue a code compliance certificate for the house because it is not satisfied that:
- the repairs to certain windows complied with Clauses B2 and E2 of the Building Code, due to the lack of drainage gaps; and
- the new membrane to the upper deck complied with Clauses B2 and E2 of the Building Code, due to the lack of an inspection prior to installation of the membrane and the lack of a producer statement.
The matters to be determined were therefore:
- Whether the windows installed to walls with monolithic cladding fixed directly to the framing comply with Clauses B2 and E2 of the Building Code; and
- whether the recently installed deck membrane required a producer statement to support its compliance with Clauses B2 and E2 of the Building Code.